See the latest improvements and features in Talon.One.
🌟 Braze integration upgrade
You can now trigger Track Event v2 endpoints as connected content from Braze. This allows you to run the Rule Engine from Braze and have all the functionalities of all the different types of promotions available.
See an example in the Add loyalty points tutorial.
🌟 New Collections endpoint
You can now retrieve the content of a collection through the Get Collection items management API endpoint.
- (2022-06-21) Campaign States: Archived campaigns will now appear in a separate tab.
- (2022-06-07) Exports: When you export an item, an information message tells you that Talon.One is processing the export.
- (2022-06-21) Canceled Sessions: Fixed an issue that prevented cancelling sessions that had triggered effects from a previously deleted campaign.
- (2022-06-21) Additional Costs Per Item: Fixed 2 bugs. One of them caused the item subPosition property to not be taken into account when validating additional costs per item. The second bug caused effects to fail when cascading discounts were enabled and the value of an additional cost per item was used as the value of a discount.
- (2022-06-21) Custom Attributes: Fixed missing error message when importing an empty list of picklist values during the attribute creation process.
- (2022-06-07) Collections: Fixed an issue that caused the GET collection endpoint to return only one item in the payload instead of 50.
- (2022-06-07) Rule Engine: Fixed an issue that caused the greater than or equal to and smaller than or equal to conditions to behave incorrectly in cases where both elements are equal.
- (2022-06-07) Customer Profile Page (and others): Fixed links to Customer Sessions Pages where the Customer Session Integration ID contains special characters.
- (2022-06-07) Attributes: Fixed an error that allowed the import of an empty list.
- (2022-06-07) Segment Integration: Fixed an issue that caused Segment integration to work incorrectly with boolean and numeric attributes.
- (2022-06-07) Segment Integration: Fixed an issue that did not allow updates to only attributes in the customer’s profile if the RunRuleEngine parameter is false.
- (2022-06-07) Iterable, Braze Integrations: Fixed an error that caused the Third-party API not to store the request result if the DryRun parameter is false.
🌟 Docs updates
The Technology Partners section has been reworked:
The tutorials for most partners used to provide the endpoint documentation that didn't appear in the Integration API or Management API reference docs. We now have a dedicated Third party API reference docs page.
The technology partner docs will receive more updates over the next few months.
We have slightly reduced the number of entries in the table of contents of the Product and Developer docs.
🌟 Partial loyalty rewards
Similarly to partial discounts, you can now allow partial rewards when adding loyalty points. Learn more
🌟 Additional costs per item
You can now create additional costs that apply to individual items. For example, if an item has an extra shipping cost for being very large, you can set it as an additional cost per item. These additional costs can be discounted using the new Discount additional cost per item effect. Learn more.
🌟 Loyalty points per item
You can now award loyalty points to a customer when they purchase a specific cart item. These loyalty points are revoked if the item is returned. Learn more.
- (2022-05-24) Optimized performance of large collections checks in the Rule Engine.
- (2022-05-24) Optimized performance of campaign limit fetches, mainly impacting clients with lots of campaigns running.
- (2022-05-24) Rule Builder: All time input fields (number of days/weeks/months) have been replaced with a formula input field to enable attributes or template parameters use in time-related operations.
- (2022-05-10) Rule Builder: Improved description and advanced settings UI for all Discount effects.
- (2022-05-10) Collections: It is no longer possible to create a campaign-level collection without uploading a CSV file.
- (2022-05-24) Fixed the calculation of spent balance.
- (2022-05-10) Customer sessions: Fixed an issue that caused session total discount to be miscalculated. The API Endpoint now also returns the calculated total discount.
- (2022-05-10) Rule Builder: Fixed an issue that caused the Update cart item attribute effect to only work in the first rule of a campaign.
🌟 New budgets
You can now create budgets for the following:
- Add free item
- Custom effects
🌟 Third-party integration: Referral support for Braze
You can automatically generate referrals inside Talon.One and deliver the referral codes to specific customer segments using Braze's connected content feature. Learn more.
- (2022-04-26) Rule Builder: The per-item additional costs are now available on the palette in a Cart Item Filter
- (2022-04-12) Campaign Priorities: Users can now filter for future date ranges to see which campaigns will be active, for example 3 month from now.
- (2022-04-12) Campaign Evaluations: Cart item flattening is the only behaviour for all new Applications. For existing Applications, once you enable Cart item flattening you cannot disable it.
- (2022-04-05) Campaign Evaluation: You have to be unlock the settings before editing to avoid accidentally changing running campaigns.
- (2022-04-05) Third-party Integration: The CEP and Iterable referral enpdoints
externalCampaignIDparameter has been deleted.
- (2022-04-12) The Password reset link has been fixed.
- (2022-04-12) Customer Details page:
- Fixed calculation of the customer analytics when the customer had partially returned sessions.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the return items section from opening.
- (2022-04-05) Campaign Manager: Customer session and customer profile pages with a # sign in their integration identifier now open correctly.
🌟 Pro rata discounts
You can now allow discounts to be prorated across the cart items. A pro rata discount is a discount value that is divided among the eligible items proportionally to the price of each of them. See the available discount effects.
- (2022-03-22) We have created a new built-in attribute: Total quantity of items. It stores the total number of items in the cart when cart item flattening is enabled.
- (2022-03-22) Limits: You will receive a notification when the number of active campaigns or coupons is reaching the contractual limit.
- (2022-03-01) Rule Builder: New way to compare dates in conditions:
is on. For example, you can use the new operator to give rewards to your customers on their birthday. See this tutorial.
- (2022-03-01) Account Analytics: Changed the calculation of the Loyalty Programs metric to count the number of programs connected to live Applications.
- (2022-03-01) Loyalty Program management: Remove timeout for Loyalty Program deletion.
- (2022-03-29): Fixed a redirect issue when a Campaign is created.
- (2022-03-22)Campaign Groups: Campaigns added to a campaign group can now be edited.
- (2022-03-22) Rule Builder: Item attributes appear now in the palette when using the Update cart item attribute value effect.
- (2022-03-22) Fixed a bug that caused wrong information to be displayed on the Customer Profile and Customer Session pages.
- (2022-03-15) Item attributes are now always accessible in Sum up cart item attributes cart filters.
- (2022-03-15) Campaign attributes now do not have a default value selected.
- (2022-03-15) Returning an item now returns all the loyalty points associated with the returned item.
- (2022-03-07) Rule Builder: Show the loyalty program's name instead of the program's API name in the palette.
- (2022-03-07) Fixed the activate/disable button text overflow when the name of a campaign is too long.
- (2022-03-07) Mandatory attributes: Attributes are now automatically removed as mandatory when they are disconnected from an Application.
- (2022-03-07) Product bundles: Fixed a bug that caused requests to fail when a cart item in the bundle didn't have an attribute that was set for the bundle.
- (2022-03-07) Rule Builder: The All category is now selected by default when opening the palette.
- (2022-03-01) Additional costs: Cannot delete additional costs created in the Campaign Manager.
🌟 Partial returns
🌟 Add loyalty points per cart item effect
The new effect allows you to assign points per individual item in the cart. See the available effects.
🌟 Outbound notifications
You can now receive an outbound notification every time a campaign's priority changes. Learn more.
- (2022-02-22) Loyalty Program creation page: Small UI and copy changes.
- (2022-02-22) Attributes with up to 500k suggestions: A user can now upload a list (CSV file) instead of manually typing in suggestions.
- (2022-02-22) Attributes Picklist: If an attribute contains suggestions a user may select the suggested values or type in any other value. If an attribute contains a picklist a user can not type in new values.
- (2022-02-15) Session Revocation: We have identified a degradation and have optimized Customer Session Revocation operations.
- (2022-02-08) Campaign Manager: Coupon UI improvements. Gift cards are now created in a dedicated tab. Changed naming of coupon code types, added descriptions to input fields, and updated code pattern options and moved them to Advanced tab.
- (2022-02-22) Users can now see suggested attribute value when using the
is one ofor
is not one ofcondition of a cart filter.
- (2022-02-15) Bundles: Different matched items sets are bundled together.
- (2022-02-15) Coupons: Personal coupon codes are now created with a usage limit of 1.
🌟 Partial discounts
You can now allow partial discounts in your Applications. This feature allows a discount rule to pass even when the campaign's remaining discount budget is insufficient to apply the whole discount. Learn more.
- (2022-01-19) Campaign Manager: Added support for numbers lower than
0.1in attribute and template Parameter inputs such as
- (2022-01-19) Campaign Manager: Improved legibility of input fields with errors by removing red background.
- (2022-01-11) Campaign Manager: Made the location and behavior of the return buttons consistent across sub-menus for campaigns, giveaways and campaign templates.
- (2022-01-03) Attributes Deletion: attributes deletion is now immediate.
- (2022-01-19) Rule Builder: Attributes that are not subscribed to an Application won't show in its campaigns' palette.
- (2022-01-19) Campaign Dashboard: Do not show the Missing property value info box for campaigns that were not created from a campaign template.
- (2022-01-11) Rule Engine: Fixed a bug that caused the Rule Builder to crash when adding a "list of locations" attribute.
- (2022-01-06) Generic CEP Endpoints: Any Customer Engagement Platform can integrate with Talon.One using Generic CEP endpoints. See the endpoints in the Developer docs.
🌟 Account-level collections
You can now define collections on the account level and re-use them across multiple campaigns in multiple applications. Account-level collections can also be updated via management API. Learn more.
- (2021-12-22) Loyalty Tiers: The customer balance export CSV file now also includes information about the customer's loyalty tier.
- (2021-12-22) Outbound Notifications: We added URL validation when configuring outbound notifications so we can ensure that the entered URL will be reachable.
- (2021-12-16) Create/Edit Attribute: We revamped the UI to create and edit attributes.
- (2021-12-13) Outbound Notifications: We added a new notification even "campaign status changed".
- (2021-12-01) Loyalty Tiers: You can now access the "current Tier" of a customer in the Rule Builder palette.
- (2021-12-22) Rule Engine: Fixed an issue that prevented using event attributes in conditions.
- (2021-12-22) Referrals Import: We no longer will fail code import if the code contains certain characters.
- (2021-12-22) Loyalty: Resolved edge cases where loyalty points would be miscalculated in the Rule Engine if multiple rules add and remove points in the same session.
- (2021-12-16) Rule Builder: Fixed a regression that made cart item attributes inaccessible on the palette in certain cart item filter steps.
- (2021-12-16) Rule Engine: Improved the handling of decimal numbers that are hard coded in rules.
- (2021-12-13) Audit Log: Improved performance of the page when many changes need to be displayed.
- (2021-12-13) Giveaways: Improved performance of the Integration API when an "award giveaway" effect is triggered.
- (2021-12-01) Locations: Resolved issues that prevented locations form being saved and deleted.
🌟 Outbound notifications
You can now configure outbound notifications for campaign changes. Enter your webhook URL and we will send notifications to this URL when a campaign gets created or a ruleset is changed. We will add more events. Learn more.
🌟 Per-profile redemption limit on coupons
When creating universal coupon codes, you can now choose to give them a redemption limit per profile. This means you can create coupon codes that can be used an unlimited amount of times, but only once per customer profile.
🌟 Cart item filter shortcuts
When you have created a cart item filter that ends with a list of cart items, we now offer shortcuts to create a "total count" or "total price" filter based off this filter in a single click.
- (2021-11-22) Applications: New applications now have cart item flattening enabled by default.
- (2021-11-22) Coupons: You can now use the multi-coupon edit Management API endpoint without specifying a batch, meaning it can be used to edit all coupons in a campaign.
- (2021-11-10) Giveaways: You can now delete Giveaway pools.
- (2021-11-10) Attributes: When setting values for date-type attributes on Applications, Campaigns and Coupons, you can now specify an exact time of day (hours:minutes) as well.
- (2021-11-10) Exports: We now show a warning if we detect the browser blocks file downloads.
- (2021-11-01) Loyalty: We now support up to 12 digits before the decimal point for ledger entries.
- (2021-11-22) Collections: Better error handling when a CSV vile contains invalid characters.
- (2021-11-22) Filter-based search: On pages with filter-based search, we resolved issues that broke the page when you typed in the search field too fast.
- (2021-11-22) Campaign Priority: Resolved an issue that would cause coupons to get rejected if they were part of an exclusive campaign and non-default campaign priorisation behavior was configured.
- (2021-11-16) Collections: We no longer show 2 success messages when a collection was successfully created.
- (2021-11-16) CSV Imports: The example import files now have dynamic start/end dates, so they will always be valid as a test import file.
- (2021-11-10) Rule Builder: Fixed issues around editing Loyalty Subledger Accessors.
- (2021-11-10) Rule Builder: Fixed a bug that prevented the use of rounding operations in the "select one item" cart item filter step.
- (2021-11-01) Cart Item Filters: Fixed an issue that caused filters in older campaigns (or copies of old campaigns) to break when you tried to edit them.
- (2021-11-01) Campaigns: Fixed a rare bug that prevented certain campaigns from being activated.
- (2021-11-01) Account Status: Fixed reporting of the "Sandbox Applications" limit.
🌟 Recurring budgets
You can now create budgets that reset periodically, either daily, weekly, monthly or yearly. This is available in your campaign and Application settings for all budget types. Learn more.
We have reworked the Budgets section in the campaign dashboard and the Default Budgets section in the Application dashboard to support these changes. We have also introduced a new section in your customer profiles where you can see all budgets created for each of them.
🌟 Cart item filters
When creating a cart item filter, you can now select another filter previously created in the same campaign as the list you apply new filter steps to. You don't have to replicate the item filter from scratch anymore, preventing mistakes and improving the performance of your campaign. Learn more.
🌟 Coupon import
You can now import gift card coupon codes since we are supporting a new discount limit column in the required CSV file. Learn more.
🌟 Asynchronous coupon generation
To save you time when creating large batches of coupons, we now send you an email when your coupons are ready.
We've also increased the amount of coupons you can create at one time, from 200,000 to 5,000,000.
You can now upload a CSV file to Talon.One containing a list of SKUs, profile IDs, or attribute values.
Collections are useful whenever you have a large list with thousands of SKUs, items, profile IDs, or email addresses that you want to whitelist or blacklist for a campaign. For more information, read this article on creating a collection in Talon.One. Learn more.