Effects represent what you want your rules to achieve. The following types of effects are available:
- Effects in promotion rules: Your effects define what happens when all or some of the conditions are valid, depending on whether all or at least one condition is set to be true. For example, you can set as an effect a discount on the session total or the appearance of a notification.
- Effects in strikethrough rules: Your effects calculate the discount or apply custom effects for items selected by the cart item filters you set. You can send this information to a URL of your choice with strikethrough pricing notifications.
- Failure effects: Your effects define what happens when one or more conditions in a promotion rule are not met. This is a special type of effect that you can add only to conditions. You can set notifications and custom effects as failure effects.
Effects can generate data that is stored inside Talon.One or data that you can send to other tools in your business, such as a generated coupon code to communicate to the customer.
- You can add more than one effect to the same rule.
- You can add only one failure effect per condition or group of conditions set to At least one.