In the Priority section of your Application, you can decide the order in which the Rule Engine evaluates your campaigns and if some of them should be skipped in certain cases.
We recommend using this feature to, for example, control how your campaigns are combined and prevent customers from obtaining rewards from several campaigns in the same session. It also allows you to create cascading discounts.
You can place campaigns into the following priority sets:
Campaigns are evaluated from top to bottom in each set.
For example, if you have 2 campaigns in each set, the Rule Engine evaluation process happens as follows:
If the first exclusive campaign is triggered:
If the second exclusive campaign is triggered:
If no exclusive campaign is triggered:
Let's imagine that you have 6 active campaigns in your Application:
- Campaign 1: Gives a 20% discount on the total purchase if a valid coupon is redeemed.
- Campaign 2: Gives a 25% discount on the total purchase if a valid referral code is redeemed.
- Campaign 3: Gives the third item for free to whoever buys 3 of the same type.
- Campaign 4: Gives a 5% discount to customers who shop from their mobile devices.
- Campaign 5: Gives loyalty points related to the value of the items in the cart.
- Campaign 6: Notifies anyone who completes an order about a future promotion.
You want the rewards to be granted as follows:
- If anyone redeems a coupon or referral code, they cannot have access to further discounts in the same session.
- No one can redeem more than one code in the same session.
- Customers should always see the notification about the future promotion once the session is closed.
- Customers should always receive the number of loyalty points that corresponds to the total value of the session.
You would have to distribute your campaigns among the priority sets as follows:
- Exclusive: campaigns 1 and 2.
- Stackable: campaigns 3 and 4.
- Universal: campaigns 5 and 6.
In this way, a customer who redeems a coupon code will not be able to redeem a referral code. They also will not be able to get the third item for free if they buy 3 items of the same type, nor will they get an additional 5% discount if they are shopping from their smartphone. However, the customer will be notified of the future promotion after checking out and will receive loyalty points for their purchase.
Changing the priority of a campaign
You can change the priority of your campaigns by dragging and dropping them between sets or using the menu at the top-right corner of each campaign in the Priority section of your Application.
The three dots menu of each campaign allows you to:
- Move the campaign to any of the other priority sets.
- Move the campaign to the top of the set.
- Move the campaign to the bottom of the set.
Changes are saved automatically.
Editing default priority settings
You can select a new default priority set for your campaigns and also decide which exclusive campaign should be triggered.
- Click Priority in the left-side menu of your Application.
- Click Edit Default Settings at the top-right corner of the page.
- Select the default campaign priority:
- Select which exclusive campaign you want to be triggered:
- The first campaign in the sequence to which the conditions are met
- The campaign with the highest discount value
- The campaign with lowest discount value
- Click Save Changes.