Create an Application for one or more of the following reasons:
- Manage campaigns in different:
- Regions or time zones
- Group campaigns by different teams within your organization or by the access levels you want to provide them.
- Connect to specific environments, for example, one Application for testing purposes, and another for your production environment.
Should you create multiple Applications?
Depending on your business and promotion requirements, you may choose to create a single Application for all your regions or currencies, or even a combination of both approaches. The following table compares both approaches.
|1 Application per region or currency|
|1 Application for all your regions or currencies|
To create an Application:
On the Apps page, click New Application.note
If you have not created any Applications yet, click Create Application.
In Name, enter a suitable name for your Application. Use a name that everyone in your team can understand.
(Optional) In Description, type some information to help your team understand the purpose of the Application.
In Currency, select your desired currency in the drop-down menu.
In Time zone, select a time zone for your Application. Typically, you should use your business' time zone.
Talon.One uses this time zone setting for:note
We do not recommend changing the time zone setting after creating the Application.
In Code case sensitivity, use the drop-down menu to choose:
- Case insensitive - Uppercase (recommended) for codes to be stored in uppercase and their case not to be evaluated when customers enter the codes.
- Case insensitive - Lowercase for codes to be stored in lowercase and their case not to be evaluated when customers enter the codes.
- Case sensitive for codes to be stored and evaluated as they are sent.
We recommend using Case insensitive options because they prevent code redemption errors when end users type the code name in lowercase or uppercase.
The Case sensitive option can be useful to make codes harder to guess.
In Application environment, choose the environment where you want to create your Application.
Click Create Application.note
After you create an Application, remember to create an API key in the Application settings to send integration data to Talon.One.