We recommend you read the Getting started overview, first.
When to use the Integration API
Use the Integration API to feed external information to the Talon.One Rule Engine or to retrieve data in high-load environments. It's the main API for all integration use-cases.
Typical use cases are:
- Sharing order/cart data, such as cart items, delivery address or payment information.
- Sharing customer data, such as total sales or loyalty memberships.
- Getting customer-related data.
Here is a usual example of workflow with the Integration API:
- Your application sends a request via the Integration API.
- The request is transformed in event and sent to the Rule Engine.
- The Rule Engine uses this event to find the rules that match the current event.
- The Rule Engine returns the effect(s) of the matching rules to the integration layer.
- The integration layer applies the effect(s) as needed.
Represented visually, the relation between the Campaign Manager, your application, and the Rule Engine is as follows:
The only coupling of your integration with campaigns is through the Rule Engine: the integration must send the attributes that the Rule Engine requires.
See the Integration API reference docs.
In non-high-load contexts, you can use the endpoints available in the Management API.
You can use the following postman collection:
Download and import these 2 files in Postman.
The environment variable file is the same as in Management API overview
Select the imported
Talon.One envenvironment and set the
Run other queries by setting potential required variables like