We recommend you read the Getting started overview, first.
Use the Integration API to feed external information to the Talon.One Rule Engine.
Typical examples are:
- sharing order/cart data, such as cart items, delivery address or payment information.
- sharing customer data, such as total sales or loyalty memberships.
Here is a usual example of workflow with the Integration API:
- Your application sends a request via the Integration API.
- The request is transformed in event and sent to the Rule Engine.
- The Rule Engine uses this event to find the rules that match the current event.
- The Rule Engine returns the effect(s) of the matching rules to the integration layer.
- The integration layer applies the effect(s) as needed.
If you want to query and interact with the data managed inside Talon.One, see the Management API.
Represented visually, the relation between the Campaign Manager, your application, and the Rule Engine is as follows:
The only coupling of your integration with campaigns is through the Rule Engine: the integration must send the attributes that the rule engine requires.
You can use the following postman collection:
Download and import these 2 files in Postman.
Select the imported
Talon.One envenvironment and set the
Run other queries by setting potential required variables like