We recommend you read the Getting started overview, first.
Use the Integration API to feed external information to the Talon.One Rule Engine or to retrieve data in high-load environments. It the main API for all integration use-cases.
Typical use cases are:
- Sharing order/cart data, such as cart items, delivery address or payment information.
- Sharing customer data, such as total sales or loyalty memberships.
- Getting customer-related data.
Here is a usual example of workflow with the Integration API:
- Your application sends a request via the Integration API.
- The request is transformed in event and sent to the Rule Engine.
- The Rule Engine uses this event to find the rules that match the current event.
- The Rule Engine returns the effect(s) of the matching rules to the integration layer.
- The integration layer applies the effect(s) as needed.
Represented visually, the relation between the Campaign Manager, your application, and the Rule Engine is as follows:
The only coupling of your integration with campaigns is through the Rule Engine: the integration must send the attributes that the Rule Engine requires.
See the Integration API reference docs.
In non-high-load contexts, you can use the endpoints available in the Management API.
You can use the following postman collection:
Download and import these 2 files in Postman.
Select the imported
Talon.One envenvironment and set the
Run other queries by setting potential required variables like